|By Reuven Cohen||
|August 6, 2009 07:15 PM EDT||
I feel lost without my social web. As I sit waiting for twitter to return. I figured hey, it's been a while since I've logged into facebook. To my shock and possibly horror, facebook is also down. I can help but wonder if the sudden influx of users from twitter or vice versa facebook outages has caused a domino effect among the largest social networking sites.
Currently I have no idea if the problems are related, but it certainly does show that the two sites are inextricably connected. Notably, both linkedin and friendfeed are responding just find.
Yes, it's time to say this again, hey facebook & twitter where's your cloud bursting contingency plan? If you actually want to the the realtime pulse of the planet, you need to do better, much better.
-- Update --
- Source Claims SCO Will Sue Google
- Latest SCO News is Plain Weird
- SCO Claims Linux Lifted ELF
- IBM Tells SCO Court It Can't Find AIX-on-Power Code
- HP Starts Pushing Desktop Linux
- Linux Business Week Exclusive: Linux Kernel To Be Re-Written To Counter Microsoft FUD
- CSN Asks Judge To Unseal the SCO-IBM Court Record
- IBM's Got Its Head in the Clouds
- Noorda's Daughter Committed Suicide
- SCO vs IBM Latest: SCO To Request Unsealing of Most Documents, Claims O'Gara